Tuesday 26 May 2009

After the chilled weeked - Shame about the weather

There seemed to be so much hype about this weekend. Everyone was so excited about another bank holiday their weekeds started on Thursday. I was being sensible so I didn't. I decided I'd only go out on Friday which I did. Come Saturday I was too tired to do anything else I stayed in. Besides I got in early evening on Saturday after the night before. Yes I was out for nearly 36 hours. I've still got the stamina. No body else seemed to want to do much so we decided to stay in and order a take away. The rest of the weekend was chilled and involved lots of cleaning and DIY shops - I'm re-decorating my flat.


Sitting outside a cafĂ© in Soho on Sunday, I suddenly got pissed off. I sort of forced my friends to go to another part of Soho where they weren’t so many loved up gay couples walking past. In case you are wondering, I am feeling a little lonely at the moment and perhaps a little jealous of these couples. They all look so smug and smiley when walking hand in hand saying what appears to be sweet nothings to each other. I hope I wasn’t like that a couple of months ago when I was seeing the pilot. Some of them seemed so determined to hold hands they wouldn’t let go of each other even when it started to rain. Oh romance is such a funny entity.

One the other hand, I shouldn’t be complaining. I’ve had my share of men-friends. I seem to be going to a mini drought at the moment. I’m by no means sexually starved of course. But I seem to have gotten bored of casual encounters. It’s not helped by the fact that most of my friends are single. We seem to spend too much time in each other’s company and that is every weekend. I keep wondering whether my attention to one group of friends is in turn is preventing me from noticing other people outside the circle that might be interested in me. As of last month, I started to adopt another strategy. The strategy has been to try and move in different circles. I’ve been meeting new people many of who seem to have lots of other interests other than get trashed every weekend. I’ve even been invited to Iceland in July – I’m yet to accept – I’m not sure of the motives of the guy that invited me. I’ll keep you updated on this one – we’ve been texting.

Oh just an update on the friend that’s living with me. He’s registered with a couple of agencies, I think one them rang this morning but he’s gone to register with the doctor and left his phone. I’m a little nervous about him being called for work. He doesn’t have a single pair of non-denim trousers, a formal shirt or black shoes. I can’t even lend him any of my clothes because he’s a shoe size 5 – I’m a ten. He wears size 28 trousers, I’m a 32. I guess my hands are tied this time. There’s only so much I can do to help him. I’m hopeful that he’ll start work in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: