Thursday 4 October 2007

I've got my own little nest. I think kids next.

I must really get into the habit of posting regularly. Lots of snippets and smidgens of stuff happen all the time that would be worth noting. On the other hand, my life seems to have gone very quite since I stopped living with that wretched and evil sod of a woman. Mind you I went round last Thursday to get a reference from her. She wrote me a glowing reference detailing what a wonderful tenant I’d been. I met the new guy living there. The poor sod just arrived from Portugal and hardly speaks any English. Listening to their conversation was a bit like watching a special needs teacher in class talking to a bunch of spastics. I feel sorry for him, I almost felt like telling him to get out before it’s too late. But I’m sure he’ll come to realise that in due course. I often wondered how Craig managed to live there for 2 and half years. Come to think of it they are both filthy minded evil people.

On the upside, I finally managed to move into my little nest (little nest sounds better when said with a Nigerian accent – go on try it). It’s only a studio flat in Kilburn. I’ll post pictures when I finally finish unpacking and arrange the place nicely. The room itself is a big, with a separate little kitchen, has a proper cooker and oven, washing machine and small fridge freezer. It’s big enough for 2 people to live in comfortably. There’s tons of storage i.e. built in wardrobes etc. So now I’m off to John Lewis to start buying bits and bobs. I thought about going Ikea but I get pissed off by the fact that I find something from there in almost every person’s house that I visit. I feel like there’s weight off my shoulder. House hunting is so stressful and tiring. At this point in time I’m just looking forward to grabbing a colour wheel/chart going crazy with furnishings.

I really wish someone could explain to me why Africans are nosy. They sometimes remind me of pigs shoving their noses in mud even if there’s nothing much there. Let people just be for God’s sake. I got really angry with some family friend’s daughter. She was snooping around my Facebook profile looking for dirt on me. What made it worse was the fact that this fat cow was doing it all in front of her mother. So I got a bit concerned that this girl’s mother would ring up my mother and ask questions. I think they saw a picture of me propped up against one of my good friends Jack. Knowing African bloody mindedness and slightly adverse perversion they assumed I was doing bolingo with him (or chewing him – I love Ugandan terminology). So, this girl’s mother rang up my cousin Christine and asked questions. Christine knows most things about me and I don’t hide anything from her so she rang and warned me about the questions this woman was asking. Anyway I stopped what I was doing sat by the bus stop and thought about whether I’d left any evidence on Facebook about my antics – no. The only other area would be this blog and only a few people have access to it; this is because information held here could be dangerous in the wrong hands. So I’ve gone to Facebook and changed all my privacy settings – a person in Uganda would probably call it burglar proofing (if such a thing exists online). It’s true what people say, some people spend a lot of time just checking up on what other people are up to because there’s nothing much going on in their lives. It’s a sad sad situation, and it’s getting more and more absurd (Get out of my head Elton). I’m always ranting about something or other aren’t I?

I bumped into Silas’s flatmate. They’re being kicked out of their river front apartment in Zone 15 (I know, but it feels like there’s a zone 15 when one’s travelling there). It was a nice apartment but it was way too far. In fact France was closer to them than the centre of London. To make matters worse, trains stop leaving the area at 10.30pm in the evening. There are also minimal amenities in the area; one has to walk 20 mins to the nearest shop. Good luck to the poor sod.

No comments: