Tuesday 6 November 2007

Hello November,

I know it’s the 6th day of the month and I really should have said hello on the 1st day. Apologies; I was rather pre-occupied with entertaining my cousin who was here on holiday for three weeks. Speaking of entertaining, I didn’t actually get to do much of that. My main aim was to make sure he was well watered and fed. I’m a good host you see and I aim to maintain that reputation. I have to say, I was rather taken back by the amount of time he spent sleeping. It made me wonder whether he’s denied sleep in SA where he spends a lot time working. If there was a sleeping competition he’d probably have won. On most weekends when he was here, he woke up on Friday evening and didn’t get to sleep till Saturday afternoon. In fact one weekend we all didn’t to sleep till Sunday morning. That was a weekend indeed. One Saturday morning in particular, we were kicked out of a bar at 9.00am by the owner because the owner was dosing off behind the bar. Bless the owner for his patience. We had a right shindig in this bar – I love great times. In fact the shindig carried on at mine. Everyone crashed at mine. I didn’t realise my bed was that big – five people (girls and boys) managed to fit on a king size bed. I didn’t get up till about 8.00pm that evening. I felt so rough; I didn’t even know what time it was. For some odd reason I felt like a wounded buffalo – whatever that feels like. I think it must have been the ‘Vodkat’ (yes you read it right). Some random guy came back to mine, decided to get a bottle of Vodka which turned out not be. We only noticed when he’d left that it was in fact an impostor with a ridiculous 19% alcohol content. I don’t think he had any idea of what Vodka is - bless him for his effort. It was hilarious when I looked at the empty bottle in the evening though. It was a lesson well learned indeed. So that was the highlight of the past two weeks. So you see, I might have been away for the past two weeks but I’m back now. Time to buckle down and focus. Therefore, no naughtiness, randomness or crazy weekends packed full of fun and frolics for the next couple of weeks – yeah right.

Access to Facebook has been blocked again – bummer. I don’t abuse the internet at work but it’s the one thing that keeps occupied during my lunch hour. All the colleagues I used to hang out with have been moved up and down the country. All that’s left is a bunch of techies and lawyers. They’re an interesting bunch but I’m not sure I’m ready to spend my precious lunch hour with them.

I miss JJ a lot. Not knowing when you’re next going to see your ‘bedfellow is really annoying. Especially if you enjoy this person’s company and you’re hopeful that this might develop into something more serious. I’m scared paranoia and jealousy will kick in brought on by the fact that he lives so far away plus I don’t get to see them often enough i.e. imaging things that might be happening around or near him - not that they’ve given me any reason to think like that. I decided earlier this year that I would never do long distance relationships again. The last time was Belfast-London every other week for both of us. I found this travelling all over the place quite annoying. This is partly due to the fact that I have no patience when it comes to travel. I can’t stand sitting on a mode of transport for periods of more than one hour. I want to go to all these places but I expect to be teleported there – some of us expect too much I think. On the other hand the journey from London to Rye in Sussex is not too back- takes just over an hour from London Bridge. So I’m going to have to remind myself to remain calm about the situation.


That’s all – I’m sure we’ll see a lot of each other this month. I have a lot of time to reflect. I thought I might leave the cartoon at the bottom for you. It made me laugh so much. I love silly humour you see.




No comments: