Wednesday 9 April 2008

The Flathunt

I was planning a really nice entry today but that's all been ruined by the bastard below. All the joy, happiness, niceness and good feeling I had yesterday have all but vanished into the polluted air I continually breathe.

I got a call from my landlord yesterday. He’s decided to increase the rent on my flat by 25% a month. I’m not happy about it so I’ll be on the move again come the end of May. I simply refuse to give up more than a third of my earnings to a greedy landlord. It’s such a shame because I love where I live. It’s really quiet yet not mumsy, the amenities are literally 5 minutes from my door step and so is the tube and supermarkets. The only time I hear police sirens is when I’m on the high street. What more could a person want? This idiot must have thought I’d just accept his terms and cough up my not so hard earned cash. Please,...you all know I take the piss at work but that’s no reason for someone to feast on my not so hard earned cash. It’s mine, mine even if I don’t work hard enough for it.

I hate flat hunting; I find it really cumbersome and stressful. On top of it all I’m not sure whether I want to live alone again. I found it really lonely at times. I don’t need this right now, means I can’t plan anything else for the next 2 months because I’m going to be predominantly occupied with looking for another flat. The only thing I do know is that I’m going to stay in the same area. I also hate the routine you have to go through when meeting new flat mates. It’s almost like going for a job interview. FERK!! I’m not looking forward to the next couple of weeks.
Gosh, I hope to find a place where I can settle for at least 3 or 4 years.

No comments: