Tuesday 15 April 2008

Exhausted by Ostrich Steak

I’m in a foul mood, I feel stressed, exhausted and drained. I feel like I’m having a bad face week - if such thing exists at all. I don’t even know why I feel exhausted. I didn’t get up to much this weekend. I stayed in most of the time. I was meant to go to a birthday party but I didn’t because I could be arsed to move myself. I think I was put off more by the fact that the party was all the way in Canary Wharf – I live in West London so I thought it would be too much of a mission to have to traipse across London for a party. Good thing is that the person that invited me is a friend of a friend so I’m sure they won’t mind so much that I didn’t turn up. Esther my lovely friend tried to drag me out of my flat but I politely declined. All I wanted to do was go food shopping then come home and make myself a really lovely dinner and watch a film. That’s exactly what I did, I’d bought myself some ostrich steaks from alternative meats a couple of weeks back so I pulled them out of the freezer and seasoned some potatoes and made a lovely salad. It was the best bloody meal I’d had in ages. I seemed even more satisfied by the fact that I didn’t share it with anyone. It was just me, enjoying my space and company. It’s good to do these things once in a while.

I think some members of the battalion (especially Silas) find it strange that I might want to stay in and do nothing all weekend. Silas is one of those people without a stop button. He can go clubbing and then head straight to work when the club shuts. He’s taken over my party animal crown which I must say I’m pleased to handover. No, I’m not partied out yet - I don’t think it will ever come to that. But I think there are other factors involved like wanting a change of scenery. I had this discussion with Esther and Michael last week and we all agreed we’re bored of seeing the same people in the same places. We’ve basically rinsed that fun out of certain spots in London as a result we’re going to take a break from them. And as of June, we intend to spend at least one weekend out of London or the country. I’ll endeavour to put this into action because it seems like it could be a lot of fun. We’ll start off by going to see the Viking in Stockholm. I spoke to him the other day and he sounded a bit down. I think he needs some of my ever flowing rays of sunshine, laughter, joy and fun at the moment.

Back to the weekend, I thought about it and perhaps a break from everyone is what I needed this weekend. The only thing is that I might have rested too much. Strange but true, but, if I sleep too much in a day I find that I feel lethargic the rest of the day so that could be the reason I still feel tired. There are weekends when I hardly see my bed and I swear I can almost hear it calling out for to get home and dive under the duvet. I’m going to stop doing that for a while; I’ll take stock, recharge my batteries and come back all guns blazing this summer. Yeap, that sounds like a plan.

I’m about to close another romantic chapter in my life. It was good while it lasted but I see no future in it. I’m not going to rant about it now, but you might get snippets as to why in future posts. The end.

No comments: