Friday 16 May 2008

A Scary Encounter With 'G'

Everything that’s worth writing about these days seems to happen around the random people that I meet. Before anyone says anything; the encounter was around someone else high on ‘G’. I’m not eager to try things like that. I really wouldn’t want to after the experience I went through being around someone high on it. I’m starting to wonder if my guardian angel is trying to tell me something.

I was again invited round someone’s flat after a few drinks in town. I wasn’t alone (thank God); I decided to take Silas along with me because I know he is a trooper, a ninja, and the most hardcore of all in the battalion. I’m sure you’ve heard me say he has no ‘stop’ button. Anyway, we left The End after the final dance for Discotec (another wicked mid week event closed for the last time – shame). We strolled into Soho, with some randoms stopping along the way, stocking up on food and drink. There were only 3 randoms when we got to Soho; Ed (oriental), Mikey (English – so so hot!!) and a Ghanaian guy whose name I can’t remember – no point trying to remember- I found him really annoying and we continually clashed the whole entire time I was around him. I think his name was something boring and colonial like Johnson.

We got to Wardour Street in the wee hours. The flat was on the 4th floor. It was an absolute nightmare having to take all those flights of stairs pissed. The stairs seemed never ending but we made it in the end and got into the flat. There was no need for intros as we’d done all that on the way into Soho. That flat was an absolute fucking tip. See below. The bathroom was, however, somehow kept spotless. It didn’t make any sense that everywhere was a mess apart from the bathroom. There was no room to sit anywhere in the lounge – it was too messy.

The flat looked something like this.













We agreed to go and sit on the roof terrace. It was a nice warm morning so it seemed like a good idea. Mikey pulled out a small bottle from his pocket. I asked what it was he said it was ‘GBL’. Then he offered me some; I politely declined. The liquid smelt vile anyway like paint stripper – I found out this week it is actually paint stripper. It didn’t take long for him to get the hit. He was kind of sitting down then he sort of keeled over slowly onto the floor. I asked Ed if Mikey was going to be alright; he said yeah and that he did that all the time. I found out that that he’d collapsed because he’d taken a little too much – not too much to overdose though. After a while, Mikey started to spasm uncontrollably. I’d never seen anything like it so I was shitting myself thinking he’s going to die. When this all started the other guys had gone downstairs to the kitchen to get drinks. I was getting worried and actually scared. So I shouted for Ed to come. He came and held Mikey while he spasmed uncontrollably. I started to wonder whether to call an ambulance. Ed said that Mikey would be alright. Then suddenly, Mikey fell asleep and Ed said we should leave him to sleep the ‘G’ off.

I had sobered up completely by this time and went downstairs to join the rest. It was around 7.00am and the others were dosing off. I couldn’t do that knowing there was someone up on the rooftop I wasn’t sure was just asleep. So I went back on the rooftop to check on Mikey. He was covered in sick. He’d thrown up all over himself and the really expensive Marc Jacobs coat he was sleeping on – see how people die? So I shook him almost violently until he woke up. I called everyone and they all came and we helped Mikey down. We had to strip him and help him get into the bath. The bath helped a lot. He woke up fully but seemed a little dazed. I’d had enough by this time, so I told Silas to get ready because we were leaving.

After the whole experience of seeing someone spasm like a spastic, vomit all over themselves; I was left wondering where the fun is in taking ‘G’. I certainly didn’t see Mikey enjoying himself high up wherever he was. Well he wasn’t even high, he was passed out on the rooftop and looked more like a wet, wilting lettuce. I’m too vain to let other people see me in such a state. So I’ll definitely try and avoid reckless people like that in future.

No comments: