Friday 6 June 2008

Sweetness, delight and sunshine

The weather has been so awful lately. I only noticed it yesterday because the pilot was leaving. Apart from that everything has been sweetness, delight, sunshine, honey, roses, cream, chocolate and all other things lovely and wonderful. Yes I felt the rain but I didn't seem to mind it so much. So when it rained yesterday - I got annoyed. Bloody bastard British weather!

Most people have seen it or are going to, they talking about it or will talk about sometime next week; yeah you guessed it – Sex and the City. To me it’s the only cliché gay TV show I was ever into – I tell a lie; there was queer as folk (the Brit one of course – the American one was numb-shite) and a tale of 2 cities. I’ve never been into ‘gay’ music e.g. Donna Summer, Kylie or Madonna or anything camp. I simply don’t like it – it bores me witless.

I don’t know why but I imagine I got into SATC because it had elements of life that I aspired to in life e.g. a tight group of friends, a good relationship, a good career, a lovely home, enjoying life, lots of shoes and general organised chaotic fun. I want to go and see the film but I get put off by the hoards of girls that are apparently filling up the cinemas to watch it. I asked the pilot if he wanted to go and see it; he said yeah but we’d have to wait until all the hoo-hah about it ends. That to me sounds like a lovely idea; I’m imagining us catching the last show on a Saturday night – mmm… lovely thoughts run through my mind.

On another note, the battalion seems to have disbanded temporarily whilst some of its members are being wooed and romanced. I’m seeing the pilot; Michael’s started seeing Gary from St Alban’s and Alpha’s seeing Simon who he met in Fire. There’s a story to tell there actually. The first time I met Simon, we were in the queue waiting to get into fire. I suddenly looked back at the guys behind us and there was this cute guy. He smiled and winked at me. He somehow got in front of me in the queue – I think it was because I was being searched. I cheekily smacked his bottom (I’d had a drink or four so excuse me – I’m usually a little more subtle) and said to him “move it Mr”. He laughed and got in. I thought that was the end of it, but about 45 mins later he came up to me. He said he’d been looking for me. We talked for a bit, I even kissed him (yes! things move a little faster when I’m slightly merry). At this point I knew nothing about the history between him and Alpha by the way. Alpha had seen him in the queue and not said anything to him so I assumed they didn’t know each other. We exchanged numbers and had a final snog and he asked me to call him.

I went running back to the rest of the battalion full of excitement and told them about the guy I’d met. All Alpha said to me was “I know Simon; he’s the guy I’ve been talking about all this time”. I asked him why he’d let me get carried away with this guy knowing full well that he had a history and still liked him. He said he didn’t want to speak to him because left him with a ‘lust hangover’. Alpha had even deleted Simon’s number from his phone (how some people’s brains work eh?). I found Simon again, I asked him what the history was between him and Alpha and he told me. He also thought Alpha had gone off him and that that was the reason he’d blanked him. I thought what silly boys. So I decided I’d knock both their heads together and got them talking. They’re still talking, only with a bit more enjoyment and exchanges of body fluids. It’s nice to see I have to say. I always say he’s lucky he got away because this happened around the same time I was thinking of ‘stalking’ the pilot – stalk is such a strong word it gives me shivers.

So out of the 6 of us, it just Silas and Mahdi (the newbie) who are the ‘singletons’; they’re not complaining though. They’re the sort of boys that always have admirers. There are days Silas actually struggles to find time to go home - yes you better believe it. All I can say is good luck to them both. I think I’m better suited to the position I’m in now. I can’t; can’t be traipsing, trekking and meandering across London like a lost soul days on end for a bit of nookie. I love nookie too but my formula is much less complicated than that and it works for me.

I must find Diana Ross's 'Love Hangover' Video. Yes; I know I said I don't like camp music. I just happen to like the lyrics on this one. I hate the rest of her music.

====================================================

And now for two silly jokes:

My ex-girlfriend has a picture of a sea shell tattooed on her inner thigh. If you put your ear to it, you can smell the ocean.

--------------------

A woman was talking to her friend the other day."Honestly, I dont know how I keep getting pregnant - it must be something in the air."The other woman replies, "yes, your legs."

Have a really delightful weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sister dragged me to go see Sex and the City and it wasn't too bad. There is a scene towards the end of the really loooong movie that made it all worthwhile.