Thursday 20 December 2007

God bless the Viking!!

I’ve spent the last couple of days mooching around my flat thinking about how to progress with my venture. There are other people (very trusted of course) interested in the venture and think it’s very viable. So I’ve decided to seek advice from professionals. I have to use this holiday period wisely. I don’t assume or expect this organisation to be busy over this period but we’ll see. I’ll keep you posted.

Opportunities seem to be flying in from different angles at the moment. I’ve been tasked with a research project for a friend. It’s going to be paid so I’m putting my all into it. He’s considering opening a business here and has asked me to research and present a paper on the current state of the market. This is all thanks to the Viking. I know I’ve slated him in the past but that’s just because he’s emotionally weak and not for any other reason. He does have a good business brain and inspires me and he really does look out for me. I think I was right in when I said in the previous post that he wanted me to work for him. He kind of hinted that when I spoke to him last night. Oh, the highlight of the conversation was him inviting me to Milan. He wanted me to pack my bags and fly out today to meet his other business associates. I couldn’t unfortunately, I have a day job. I can’t just pack by bags and fly off. I wish I could and I get annoyed with the fact that I can’t. In the past week alone, the Viking has been to Paris, Munich, Vienna and Milan. He and the others will round off the trip with the weekend in Copenhagen. I’m mildly jealous but at the same time pleased about this research project. I was worried about spending my holidays lazing about but now I’m going to spend most of the holiday in the library. It’s worthwhile – I’m being paid for it. I think I’ll finish in time because I started writing yesterday.

The other challenge I have is to find two houses/flats for family friends that want to invest in properties here. I’m relishing the challenge. I did this before and found it really fun. I loved house hunting for other people and the best thing is they’re paying me for it. Yay yay yay!!! I’m going to be busy busy busy over the next couple of months. I can’t wait. I wish I’d started doing things like this at an earlier age. I think I would be in a far different place right now. And next year seems like it’s going to be very busy indeed. The Viking has other projects lined up and I’ll also be working on my projects. Is self-employment on the horizon? Let’s hope so.

No comments: